Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Illustration Friday - Momentum



Weeeeeeeeee!

Once I saw what the topic was for this week's IF, I thought of being a kid and all the ways you try to build up momentum and go fast and high, not matter at what cost your body had to pay.

I try to keep that spunky kid alive in me as I get older, I might not roll down a grassy hill at top speed, or let a friend spin me till I can't stand, or fly down a metal slide anymore, but I do like to feed that little hyper girl whenever possible, don't neglect the kid inside :)

10 comments:

david morris said...

nice composition and use of space.
great work!

shaky mouse said...

this has a fantastic feel to it. the framing works really well. nicely done!

Nicole Florian said...

Very funny, nice momentum!

Curt Rogers said...

The subtlety of your work is wonderful. The arc of the your protagonist's pigtails perfectly match the arc of the slide behind and under her. Very clever. And again, your mastery of the simple line, moving it from something flat and two dimension toward something with... well, momentum and energy is remarkable. I believe there is still room for something in the background, something that would not steal focus from the wonderful scene in the foreground. It's very exciting. Thank you for sharing with us.

Gina Perry said...

just perfect! simple and sweet. we all take liberties sometimes with the IF themes, but this fits 'momentum' to a tee.

trudette said...

I love this one, and the little bird on the top of the slide made me smile.

Keszeg Agi said...

This is so nice!!!!

Ellen Byrne said...

Sweet one! Very sweet!

Anette Heiberg said...

This looks really fun and cute!

Anette Heiberg
www.anetteheiberg.com
my etsy shop

Larry Lee said...

Wonderful. Love the whimsy here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails