Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Deliciousness



I absolutely love to bake and this love really kicks in once the Fall season starts. Something about baking brings me such peace and happiness (not just because the end product is amazing either!). I prefer it over cooking, and I like cooking. So last night I made Glazed Lemon Pound Cake with poppyseeds (2 tablespoons). It turned out sooo good. We added fresh strawberries and some whipped cream to complete our dessert - it was amazing! The recipe makes two loaves, so I took the other to work and it was giving rave reviews. Give it a try. Sorry no pictures of the whipped cream and berries, we were already eating before I could think of it :)


Chris made some Raspberry Jam today. I think the color is so beautiful that I had to take a picture. He makes such great jam!

4 comments:

Curt Rogers said...

Gimme some jam!

Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

They both look soooo yummy! Chris made jam? Wow, I never made jam.. ;-)
Will have to learn soon, our blackberry brambles are getting huge. Next year will be enough for a couple pots of jam, I bet.
Can I have a piece of that lemon cake? *drool*

Anonymous said...

Wow, such a delicious pound cake. I copied the recipe. I want to make some this weekend. Poppy seed muffins are my most favorite!
Thanks, Kelly
A close friend.

Flora Chang said...

Man it looks so YUMMY!!
I don't bake too often, but I love baking more than cooking, too! The ingredients are simpler and the products are just delicious! :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails