Monday, October 1, 2007

I'm no Philatelist

But I do adore collecting postage stamps. In the last 10 years I have become a pretty avid stamp collector. Before that I would keep cool stamps I found or letters that had unique stamps, but just sort of tossed them in my keepsake boxes or amongst other random items. But now I am officially calling my self a collector of stamps. I believe it is a part of my addiction for cute things that are sticky - stickers, bandaids, post-its - you get the point.

Today I received my latest fulfillment of postage stamps. I end up spending a lot because I have to buy 2 of every kind that I want. I got these online for the first time and was very happy to have them delivered - I hate waiting at the post office. When I ever - so rarely - walk into a post office and I don't have to wait I almost feel like I have hit the lottery. Man, those lines can be baaaad. Okay, so back to stamp talk, I got a good fix of them today and thought I might as well come out and admit I collect stamps and show them off.


This is my favorite out of the bunch. It's amazing what great stamps they have, ranging from simply beautiful, unique, funny, nostalgic, meaningful, and colorful.


Great color and design. Perfect for any celebration card you send!


It's Star Wars, gotta have 'em!


These were just so pretty and colorful, I couldn't pass them up.

I heart stamps! :)

(Side note: I'm not sure how often I will use the online service. There is a bit of excessive packaging. Which is nice if you are keeping them in the individual wrapping, but if you aren't saving them for any reason it does seem a bit excessive.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails