Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Mushroom!!

This past weekend I noticed a bunch of mushrooms popping up all over the place. It seems to be a pretty big deal around here, they even had a big mushroom event at a local hiking park. I didn't go, but I heard it was very cool. I think mushrooms are so interesting and I always feel compelled to yell out "mushroom!" when I see one - almost like I am spotting a unicorn :)

I did some research to see if I could find what kind these were (no luck) and ended up finding this great site. What amazing mushrooms!

Here are a few photos of the mushrooms we are seeing near our house.


These are really black and look like they are exploding over. Chris did his best to get a good shot for me while I was at work.


No mushrooms were killed for this photo. They had already been knocked over and lay waiting for me to pick them up for their photograph to be taken in this glorious vase. :)

4 comments:

mushroommeadows said...

Absolutely lovely...I love mushrooms. :)

Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

How cool! I just put up a mushroom post myself today at Windywillow. I love mushrooms!

Curt Rogers said...

Beautiful picture with the vase!

Kelly Medina said...

I smiled when I saw your blog post, Sylvia. You have some great mushrooms bursting in your yard.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails