Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving



It was a busy day of prepping and cooking meals. Chris did most of the food cooking this year, I just had to pick out what I wanted (I'm pretty finicky). I just made the Apple pie and Buttermilk biscuits. The whole spread was unbelievably good - pie to come later.



Ever since I was a kid I loved cranberries and rolls. I didn't eat much else, except for mashed potatoes. So I had to take a picture of Chris's Cranberry-Ginger Relish with my biscuits. Yum!

Once we cut into the pie I will post a picture. But we are both digesting for now.

I had a wonderful quote I wanted to post, but I lost it somewhere in my emails. I am going to post that once I dig it up.

I'm off to digest, knit and watch Return of the King.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

And here is the pie! We had it with vanilla frozen yogurt - mmm good!



(added Dec. 3) The quote I meant to post - I finally found it!

An Anonymous 16th Century Harvest Homily:

Please be gentle with yourself and others.
We are all children of change,
And none can say why some fields blossom
While others lay brown beneath the harvest sun.

Take hope that your season will come,
Share the joy of those whose season is at hand.
Care for those around you.
Look past your differences.
Their dreams are no less than yours,
Their choices in life no more easily made.

And give.
Give in any way you can.
Give in every way you can.
Give whatever you possess.
Give from your heart.
To give is to love.
To withhold is to wither.
Care less for the size of your harvest
Than for how it is shared.
And your life will have meaning.
And your heart will have peace.

1 comment:

Silvia Hoefnagels . Salix Tree said...

mmmm nice feast!
I'm so happy to read about your everyday life with Chris. Know that it's a welcome read for us here!
I did the meme, just haven't posted it yet. Procrastinating.. ;-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails