Friday, May 2, 2008

Day 2 of 21

Forgive my boring titles, I'm terrible with coming up with them for my drawings and even my blog posts. SoI think I will keep it simple, unless I am struck with a name.


Part of my first drawings is getting myself to draw whatever comes to mind, but also to not rely on an pencil and eraser - so I am using my Hi-Tec-C pens and when I mess up I try to find a way to make it work and not start over. It's fun. Notice the cast/boot she is has on her left leg.. yah I was going for something else, but decide the cast/boot added even more mystery - so I tell myself :) hah

Side note: listened to The Cure - Mixed Up during this drawing session.

5 comments:

MayY . C 五月媽媽 said...

Hi Kelly
I am the same way, do know what to post on my boresome blog, but after join the exercise, pouring ideas and I can't stop drawing...
I really like this illo, what do you use to draw? I really enjoy your illustration!

Kelly Medina said...

Hi Mayy :)

Thanks for your comments. They make me happy! :)

For drawing in my sketch pad I use Hi-Tec-C pens, multi color pack. I love the thin lines of these pens. Sometimes I use pencil and then trace with these pens. What about you?

Anonymous said...

What a terrific drawing, Kelly! I love all the line work, how you combined the thin and thick strokes. Great character, she's got a dreamy expression and a great magical feeling about her.

Paola De Gaudio said...

Hi Kelly!
I like the way you faced this challenge, isn't it great! I also like the music idea.
Wonderful pieces!

Alicia Padrón said...

Oh I missed this one Kelly. Love it, the line work is really nice and that orange goes so well with the subject!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails